Site news

Greetings from your new vice principal

Picture of Wendy Lloyd
Greetings from your new vice principal
by Wendy Lloyd - Thursday, 11 September 2014, 7:09 PM

As the newly-appointed vice principal at LLSS, I would like to introduce myself to my school community.  Let me begin by saying that I am very excited to be working with students, parents, and staff at this school and that I am looking forward to meeting members of the community as the year progresses.  It's been a pleasure getting know Ms. Mochikas, and I am delighted to have the opportunity to work with a principal who is very highly regarded.

I have been fortunate to work in three school districts in my career.  My professional background includes experience as a classroom teacher, music teacher, director of the district children's honour choir, and committee member working on the Kamloops Thompson Regional Heritage Fair and on District Math Assessments.  On a more personal level, I love walking, hiking, camping, singing, and most of all, curling up with a good book and a cup of tea.  I spend lots of time watching my three children play soccer and volleyball and supporting my husband, a die-hard soccer coach.  Feel free to drop by the office to introduce yourselves and have a chat.  I hope to see you soon!